During Week 6, commencing Monday 20 August, we celebrate BOOK WEEK 2018. This year the theme is, Find your Treasure.
Here are some of the events happening at OLA:
· Better Beginnings reading packs will be distributed to Kindy students on Tuesday 21 August at 2.30pm in Fr. O’Mara Centre. Parents are invited to come along and be informed about the program being run by City of Stirling Libraries.
· Teacher Storytelling will be conducted on Wednesday 22 August at 1.15pm. Teachers will read their favourite picture book to another year level.
· Year 5 will be attending a ‘meet the writer’ session at the Dianella Library on Wednesday 22 August at 2pm. Class teachers will be sending letters home requesting permission for students to attend.
·Dress up Day will be held on Wednesday 22 August, Children from Kindy to Year 6 will be asked to come to school dressed as their favourite book character, or a character based on the theme, Find your Treasure. If possible, send along the book the character originated from. There will be a parade in Sr. Goretti Hall at 8.50am. Please come along and watch.
· Some year levels from Pre-Primary – Year 6, will be entertained on Monday 20 August at 1.50pm by Perform Education performing ‘Treasure Hunt’, a musical based on the Book Week theme in Sr. Goretti Hall.
· Find your Treasure Hunt will be running for all students from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 6. Students can participate in a treasure hunt throughout the school from Monday 20 August 8.30am to Thursday 23 August 1pm. Gold treasure tokens will be hidden throughout the school for students to find and bring to the Library to swap for a prize. All students who find a token will go into the draw for one of our major prizes. Prize winners will be announced at the assembly on Friday 24 August .
· Please support our Canteen, Mrs Rosie Samuels has made up a special Book Week Menu and will be selling ‘bookworms’.
Mrs Durkin and Mrs Dale