It’s been another busy week at OSHC:
Science Club: last week was our last science Incursion for now, however Brianna will still conduct more science experiences for the children on Thursdays. We would like to take this opportunity to say Thank You to Charlie who delivered all the fun in Science. Children truly enjoyed every single experience with you and we hope to have you soon.
Last week children explored all kinds of magic using air pressure and chemical reactions. Children observed how a plastic bag could turn into a hot air balloon. Next, they experimented with air pressure and water. Charlie put his brand new handkerchief in a class. Than placed the glass into a bucket of water. The children learnt that the compressed air in the glass acts like a force field from the water. And when they pulled out the handkerchiefs it was dry. Children magically moved magnets across tables. A Big Bang was created using helium gas. This gas which we used in hot air balloons does not catch fire which made a safe but loud explosion!
Reconciliation Week: Sam’s Bush Journey was a book that discussed the beauty of the bush and what it has to offer. This was in light of Reconciliation Week. The students learnt about respecting the Aboriginal culture as well as the environment. The students listened very carefully to the book, when it was finished the students discussed what reconciliation week was about. This is really important because conversation sparks interest which results in understanding and then in turn, respect.
Olive Harvesting: The students learnt why you don’t eat olives straight from the tree. We then discussed what we had to do to make them edible. Thank you to all those family members who shared their preserving methods with us whilst we were picking the olives. We will share our journey next week… watch this spot!
- Direct Debit: as you are aware, we are setting up a Direct Debit payment from term 3. Forms are emailed out. You can write digitally on the PDF and email back or simply complete a hard copy form. Spare blank forms are also available at the program.
All families must complete a Direct Debit form. If you have any questions please let Bernadetta know. She is very nice and welcomes everyone to come and talk about any concerns. Bernadetta will work out any possible solutions with our families.
2. Next Community Event: will be on the 20th of June to celebrate Solstice (the shortest day of the year or the longest night). There will be lots of outdoor education activities, such as firepit and story telling. And yes, there will be some marshmellow (shhhhh don’t say anything to the children!!!). Families and friends are welcome to attend the event!
3. A call out to any parents, families, friends: if you have a telescope we would like to borrow. As the sun goes down early in June, we are hoping to do some star gazing!!! Don’t you worry, we will take good care of the telescope – promise!
1. Unidentified Payments: we still have no idea how to trace some of the unidentified payments. Shall we just assume that they are donations to OSHC program??? We wouldn’t mind that! J
Please check your statement and make sure that your payments has been receipted. If not, let Bernadetta Know ASAP.
2. Casual Booking: It is really important that you select the right roll for the After School Care. Misplacing the children in the wrong roll will cause lots of confusion for children and educators. Unfortunately this process cannot be automatic at this stage – so parents and guardians need to be more careful when they make their casual bookings. Thanks for understanding.
3. Emergency Booking: if you need to make an emergency booking please use MFL as the system will automatically update the roll. If your child is not aware you can txt us or let the school know and we will inform your child to attend After School Care
4. Sick Children: If you child is sick, please make sure to cancel your booking through MFL/Calendar. Unfortunately Sentral doesn’t talk to MFL!