Thank you to all families who have already donated to our 12th year of participating in the Uniting Food For Families Appeal.
Murrumbeena Primary School has been noted as being big supporters of this appeal.
Let’s see if we can fill the donation boxes that are in your child’s classroom and in the foyer of the school before the boxes are picked up on Tuesday 11 December.
Take a look in your pantry for any ‘in date’ non-perishable foods that you would like to donate to this year’s Food For Families Appeal. It is a great way of cleaning out your pantry at the same time as helping others.
**Please note – nothing that has expired or is out of date please.
Next time you are doing your grocery shop, you might want to pop a few extra toiletries into the basket. Take the kids along and get them to help with locating things to donate to show just how much we look after our wider community too.
Look at the list below for some ideas.
SUGGESTED NON-PERISHABLE FOOD ITEMS:
• Tinned tuna, salmon, sardines and ham
• Rice/ cous cous/ longlife soft noodles
• Pasta and pasta sauces
• Tinned fruit and vegetables
• UHT (longlife) milk
• Two-minute noodles, instant noodles in a cup/bowl
• Breakfast cereals
• Baby food
• Muesli bars & breakfast bars
• Jars of vegemite, honey, peanut butter, nutella, jam
• Tinned and ready to eat meals
eg. spaghetti, baked beans, soup, curries, pastas etc (non-perishable)
• Tomato sauce, vinegar, oil, soy sauce etc...
• Biscuits and crackers
• Simmer sauces & quick meal packets
• Teabags, instant coffee, milo
• Healthy snacks
• Toothpaste / toothbrushes
• Toilet paper
• Liquid hand wash/shower gel
• Face washers
• Nappies/wet wipes
• Shampoo and conditioner
Even the smallest contribution helps!