Dear Parents and Caregivers, Konnichiwa!
2019 Governing Council
The 2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Grange Primary School Governing Council was held on Monday 18th February. At the AGM parent representatives were elected to form the 2019 Governing Council.
Governing Council meetings are held twice per term.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Governing Council include:
- Work with the Principal to set and support the direction and vision of the school
- Work with the Principal to monitor and review the site improvement plan (education outcomes/priorities)
- Develop and approve local policies
- Be the employing authority of Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) and Canteen services
- Represent the parents/caregivers/families within the school community
- Be part of an interview panel, for OSHC/canteen and in the case of Principal appointments the Chairperson usually takes this role
Grange Primary School Governing Council has several sub-committees which meet regularly throughout the school year. These meetings are convened by a Governing Council parent representative and in collaboration with staff, parents and community members. The sub-committees report back to the Governing Council, along with any recommendations. The sub-committees include Finance, Sport, OSHC, Canteen, Fund-Raising and Grounds/Facilities.
Governing Council members are proactive, respectful, maintain confidentiality and able to work collaboratively with other Governing Council members, school leadership, staff and other school stakeholders. The 2019 office bearers of chairperson, deputy chair, secretary and treasurer will be elected at our first meeting of the 2019 Governing Council.
With such a broad range of skills and expertise on the 2019 Governing Council, I look forward to a very productive year of collaborative work in supporting myself in making Grange a high performing school.
The membership of Governing Council for 2019 comprises -
Terms 1 and 2
Pauline McAuliffe- Year 2 Teacher
Georgie Medhurst- Year 3 Teacher
Debbie Moore- SSO- Parent and Community Liaison Officer
Charissa MacDonald - Pre-School Representative
Sarah McGrath- City of Charles Sturt Council
Grant Small, Principal
Grange Primary School