What a Show!!!
What a fabulous performance from all students at our production of Captain Kelly's Diamond!
The lights dimmed, there was a hush in the audience and we were welcomed with a highly humourous introduction from Cooper, Hayley and Josh... the curtain parted and the the show was underway! Sighs of delight filled the theatre as 27 Foundation students made their way on to the stage to see what they could see, see, see and the adventure began.
We followed Captain Kelly and his fearless (if slightly misguided) crew as they docked and painted the town red (despite the fact they only had blue paint)... schemed over who would possess the biggest diamond I have ever seen (strategically hidden in a parrot)... fought off a mutiny (led by a pirate with the biggest beard in history)... were entertained by a motley choir (who totally nailed it!)... travelled back in time (whoowhooowhooo)... saw some brilliant Tongan drumming (great job Sione)... and then .... no, I won't spoil the ending... if you weren't there you'll have to wait until the DVD comes out next term. (DVD's $30 - contact the office to order yours)
Thank you so much to our staff and parents who worked so hard to make the night possible, specifically:
- Miss Donnelly for running sound and lighting - the show looked and sounded fantastic
- Wendy for leading the creation of the sets - an incredible job.
- Beck for organising the choir and all the music - sounded great.
- Ms Hubbard for helping with the choir and putting designing the poster and the programs.
- Sharon Sticht who created the pattern for the year 1 and foundation sailor costumes and created the bandanas for the senior students.
- Rebecca West, Amy Davis, Melinda Woodworth, and Tamy Bryson who sewed frantically to get costumes ready in time.
- Kristy Way for organising our advertising.
- Frank Vaughan and the entire Vaughan clan for their assistance in building and transporting sets
- Jess - choreographer extraordinaire.
AND OF COURSE MISS VAUGHAN - without whom none of this would have been possible. Miss Vaughan led our team of staff who managed practices, organised costumes and arranegd sets - and did it all with grace and positivity. Thank you Sara-Jane for an amazing show.
AND WHAT ABOUT OUR AMAZING CAST!!! It take such great persistence, thought and preparation to hit your mark, deliver a line, bust out a dance move and make it all look effortless and our cast pulled it off so very well. Well done everyone.