Welcome to 2017
I am honoured to take on the role of Principal at O’Connor Catholic College and have the opportunity to lead this great community. A community founded on faith and focussed on learning.
Learning at O’Connor is for everyone. We believe that everyone can learn - not at the same time or in the same way. We will work collaboratively with students, staff and parents to ensure that each student is equipped to become the best they can be.
At O’Connor, learning encompasses 3 main areas -
- Our faith based learning so important in our school. Students will have the opportunity to discuss and explore their beliefs in a safe and supportive environment and learn more about what coming to a Catholic school means.
- Academic learning to ensure that every student gains a year’s learning for a year at school.
- Well being and relationship skills to help students become creative, confident and informed individuals ready to make a difference in our world.
I look forward to working with our community to further enhance the learning at O’Connor.
I would like to welcome all our new students to O’Connor. On Monday 31st January, our largest Year 7 cohort for many years joined our learning community. We have also had many new students join in Year 8 - 12.
With an increase in enrolments, we have employed many new staff. It has been great to work with enthusiastic and motivated people focussed on making a difference in students’ lives. We would like to welcome them to our community:
- Mrs Julie Burton (Reception/Front Office),
- Madame Florence de Crespigny (Languages - French Teacher)
- Mrs Marg Conlon (Canteen)
- Mrs Vicki Cooper (Uniform Shop)
- Mrs Heidi Gerberich (Literacy Teacher)
- Mrs Amanda Howard (Reception/Front Office),
- Ms Sue McLeod (Leader of Learning (English)),
- Miss Olivia Moore (LaSallian Youth Minister),
- Mr Brad Powers (Science Teacher)
- Mrs Delwyn Smidt (PDHPE Teacher).
I wish all of you a great year, full of happiness and learning. Be confident in the knowledge that God walks with you on this journey.