The following nominations have been received for School Council.
Parent Member Category positions (6)
An equivalent or lesser number of nominations than positions. Therefore an election is not required for the Parent Member Category.
I am pleased to announce the following representatives for the Parent Member Category.
Parent Member Category Representatives: (March 2016-March 2018)
· Brent Brickhill (Sean Brickhill Yr 11)
· Martin Hughes (Cora Hughes Yr 9 & Tom Hughes Yr 12)
· Gabby Ostrognay (Bella Ostrognay Yr 12)
Continuing Parent Representatives (2015 – 2017)
· Sandra Morris (Clancy Morris Dalton and Nell Morris Dalton Yr9 and Fintan Morris Dalton Y r11)
· Mahmoud Fahour (Adam Fahour Yr 9)
DET (Department of Education and Training) Member Category (4)
Following an election I am pleased to announce the following representatives for the DET Member Category.
DET (Department of Education and Training) Member Category (March 2016 – March 2018)
· Gerard O’Shaughnessy
· Paul-Micah Sullivan
Continuing DET Representatives (2015 – 2017):
· Sean Butler
· Airlie Tudhope
Community Member (4)
Community Member (2015 – 2017):
· Wayne Moncur (Stephanie graduated NHS 2008)
Community Members (2016 – 2018)
The co-option of Community members and election of office-bearers is completed at a special meeting of school council post the Annual General Meeting (22 March 2016) and finalises the election process.
· Vanessa Walker (Oliver Harris Yr 9) pending
· Andrew Sweatman (Sasha Yr 11 and Sam Yr8) pending
· School Captain (Lily Chalmers or Matthew Thomas) pending
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank our retiring Councillors – Rob Ryan, George McEncroe, Annie Keely, Rohan Griffiths and Carlene Wilson for their contributions to School Council. In particular the leadership of Rob Ryan who undertook the important role of School Council President and with fellow councillors led a renewed focus on community building.
Community participation in subcommittees and working groups has been a feature of the councils work over the past 5 years , highlighting the benefits of partnering with staff, students and the broader community to ensure the councils focus and actions reflect the community of which we are all a part.