Brainstorm Productions Visit Oatlands
In an attempt to skill our children in dealing with bullying we have engaged the services of Brainstorm Productions; an anti-bullying program.
Brainstorm Productions is an innovative, interactive educational theatre that brings about positive social change through a range of bullying programs, cyber safety programs, positive behaviour programs, resilience programs and mental health programs for schools. They tackle bullying in school, cyber bullying, cyber safety, violence, prejudice, family separation, values, ethics and discrimination.
Their aim is to:
- Empower students with real-life strategies to help enhance their mental health, resilience and wellbeing
- Reduce the incidence of bullying, cyber bullying and aggressive behaviour in schools
- Help students understand the importance of developing respectful relationships at school, at home and online
- Provide teachers with a range of unique student wellbeing resources and pastoral care activities, to enhance existing anti-bullying, wellbeing and cyber safety programs
- Help students develop a greater understanding of cyber safety and digital citizenship
- Provide bystanders of bullying and aggressive behaviour with the tools and confidence to support their friends and peers
- Engage students in live, interactive theatre, using authentic real-world youth experiences, that are designed to help develop student self-awareness and empathy for others
- Use young professional actors as role models to inspire a new generation to participate in and appreciate the arts
The students in Grades 5 and 6 recently watched and participated in the program. Our school captains Isabella and Jed wrote down their thoughts on the program.
On Tuesday March the 12th, the Grade 5’s and 6’s went to the gymnasium to watch a performance called ‘Being Brave’. It was performed by Brainstorm Productions. It was a very entertaining show that taught our students how to be brave in different situations. They also taught us that it is important to try new things and overcome your fears. The performance had a lot of kids laughing, having fun and singing to their songs. The song’s main lyrics were ‘be a brave heart’. The performance had a positive effect on our students. The kids thoroughly enjoyed the show and a massive applause ended the presentation. It was a very fun and informative afternoon.
Jed & Isabel
Grades Prep to Four will also have the opportunity to watch and participate in the program on Thursday 28th of March.