Over the holidays we had a number of facilities improvements completed.
1. The concrete path outside PCYC was added to. The intention with this is to continue to add to it as finances permit so that eventually we end up with a full path to the gate on Townson Ave.
2. The garden was tidied at the bus stop entrance. The staff and students have already commented on the extra light brightening the classrooms! This area will continue to be cleaned up further as the year progresses.
3. The corner of Lind St and Townson Ave had old trees removed that were blocking driver vision and compromising student safety. A PBSS sign is planned to be added to further alert drivers that a school is located here.
As mentioned last term regular police patrols will be conducted along Townson Ave. Additionally, we have liaised with Michael Hart MP for a letterbox drop to petition for a flashing 40km school sign. This will be sent home to every family and a Palm Beach general letterbox drop. PLEASE take the time to complete it.
4. THANK YOU to all of the volunteers who came in on the first Saturday of the holidays to clean up our Community Garden. More details will be out soon regarding a regular after school drop off working bee.
5. The Student Council 'Be Kind' signs have been added to the walls around the school.