Dear Parents, Carers, Staff, Students and friends of MPWPS
Term 3 begins and we are looking forward to another term of learning and supporting each other as we build our collaborative community.
Recently I had the wonderful experience of travelling to Japan with 28 of our wonderful students, five parents, one grandparent and Diana’s partner Victor, and our two dedicated Japanese teachers. What an experience! Our sister school was so supportive of our partnership, and the families who hosted our children for the three nights of home stay, were very emotional when the children had to leave. It was a special experience that will stay with the children forever. The Japanese learning opportunity for the children of MPWPS is very special and made this way by our teachers Diana and Cindy. I would publicly like to acknowledge and offer my grateful thanks to Cindy and Diana for their contribution to the Japanese Immersion learning strategy, and more particularly to the success of the Japanese Tour. In upcoming newsletters we will share some of the experiences shared. In the meantime these are some of my observations over the two weeks away:
- Our children can walk in a single line and this is evidenced by moving through one of the world’s busiest railway stations (Tokyo Station) at peak hour. A line of yellow hats amongst the suits of business people.
- Our children displayed behaviours that made everyone proud.
- The parent helpers were wonderful companions and support of your children.
We all became experienced travellers on trains.
- On most days we did 15,000 plus steps as we explored the various cities of Japan.
- Children had language skills to converse with the locals.
- Children were respectful of others staying in the hotels where we stayed.
- As Principal I got to know the parents on the tour very well as we experienced a Japanese bathhouse.
The Japanese Tour was a very special experience.