Grandparents and Special Visitors Afternoon
Wonderful attendance for the Grandparents and Special Visitors afternoon in foundation classes recently. The session finished with a performance of songs in the hall.
Many families shopped at the pop-up shop in the gallery after school. Thanks to the students and all the families who helped out.
School Council Meeting - 18th September at 7pm in the Staffroom
At the meeting this week we will be looking at some of the data sets from term 3- NAPLAN by grade 3 and 5 students and Attitude to School Survey (ATSS) by grade 4 to 6 students. Marika Ferguson and Kate Mcleod will prepare a presentation for school council. Staff have looked at the data in teams. We have improved some areas of Student Attitude to School Survey data. NAPLAN results are excellent and comparable to similar schools and continually better that the overall state results as you expect for a school in this area. I will include this in the next newsletter in term 4.
HATS, HATS, HATS
Yes a week to go of term 3 and all of term 4. Some students have misplaced their hats so keep them labelled in large letters to help them return to their owners.
Billy Cart Day and Footy Colours
Don’t forget the special day this Friday where students get to test their driving and pushing skills on the synthetic turf basketball courts and wear their favourite footy team colours. A great fun way to finish the term.
Bendigo Bank Community Grant Awards Evening
I attended the recent Bendigo Bank Community Grants evening. We have been granted $5,500 for our cooling project from Bendigo Bank. I was asked to speak about the project and the potential impact on our community. The many community groups represented spoke passionately about their projects and I was in awe of the projects undertaken by volunteers and the impact. It was a powerful evening of inspiring stories across our community.
New School Website
The new school website is under construction by Digital Schools. The work is almost complete and should be ready for the live launch to begin term 4. We are currently reviewing and updating content under various headings.
Swimming Program for Foundation and Grade 3 Students
Our class ambassadors met last week to look at some of the projects planned and some completed this term and in term 4. It is and exciting time. There will be another meeting in the second week of term 4 as we get closer to the 25 year celebrations and the colour explosion.
Term 3 & 4 projects
Lots of Projects are underway or completed in term 3:
• Synthetic grass floor in the junior gaga pit completed
• Maintenance works completed from CAR funding- plumbing, fencing, steps, asphalting pathways, carpentry work to remove rot, and minor electrical work. Asphalting pathway and steps at the oval to be completed during the September holidays.
• Laying turf in the junior play area and footy goal areas on the oval.
• Investigation of a boom gate for the staff carpark
• 25-year Garden and Gnome tree at Munro St entrance- design completed by students, roof, door and windows by Paul McGowan and pavers ordered by Rachel W (P&F) for the pathways at the base of the tree. Pathways in early term 4 for the official ceremony on Thursday 24 October. Colour Explosion on Friday 25 October.
• Cooling in the hall – quotes received, decision through school council for installation in term
• The green mile replacement surface. I have sourced 3 quotes. I am in negotiations as to the time frame. I will inform the school community when we have a start date.
• Parents and Friends have requested the extra funds raised in 2018 be allocated to the shade sails over the new playground near the oval. We have quotes and ready to inform the successful company.
Walk to School – Save our Crossings on Thursday ever week for the remainder of the term
Every Thursday for the remainder of the term is Walk to School Day to collect our data and encourage families to park away from the school, use our crossings and walk to school!
Principal Internship with Peggy Mourelatos from Mont Albert PS for term 4
Peggy Mourelatos, Assistant Principal from Mont Albert will be joining Rangeview in week 2 of term 4 as part of the Bastow leadership program Unlocking Potential internship. I met Jason Walker, principal of Mont Albert and Peggy at the mentor day at the MCG earlier this month to plan her time with us. I have been selected as Peggy’s mentor for the period of the internship. The program is designed to build the capacity of future leaders in the principal class across Victoria.
Reminder: We finish at 2.30 pm this Friday 20th September