Welcome to Term 2!
We are looking forward to yet another rewarding and fun filled term. The students have settled back into their regular class routine this week and many classes have launched into their new topics of Inquiry. The week started with a wonderful performance at Assembly by our Senior Choir. Congratulations to all students who sung with great spirit. Special thanks to Mrs Kechayas for bringing out such a high level of musicality in our children. It was also terrific to see such great school spirit on Tuesday as our students participated in a Cross Country run, thankfully in the gorgeous sunshine! Selected students will be invited to participate in District Cross Country next Wednesday. Good luck! Thanks to Mr Josh for organising these sporting events.
Last week we received notification from The Department of Education in regard to their recent review of school zones. These zones were reviewed across the state against the capacity of each school, local demand, projected enrolment numbers and new schools opening. As a result, our school zone has been updated.
You can check out our school zone at findmyschool.vic.gov.au
INFORMATION for all students who seek entry to MPS
- Parents with children living in our school zone will always be able to request enrolment in our school.
- Parents with children living outside our zone still have the choice to request enrolment, but their enrolment will depend on our capacity.
ALL Foundation enrolments for 2020, must be submitted by 3rd June to allow for future planning. We aim to let families know in August if their child has a place at MPS for 2020.
If there are insufficient places for all students who seek entry to MPS, students will be enrolled according to the Department’s Placement Policy’s priority order, which has six criteria:
- Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school, (located via findmyschool.vic.gov.au)
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time.
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds.
- All other students in order of closeness of their home to the school.
- In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds.
* Please note: As stated in the Primary School Privacy Notice, an immunisation certificate and satisfactory evidence of a child's name and date of birth must be provided to the school (e.g. birth certificate, passport).
If you have any queries about the school zone, please contact the VSBA hotline on 1800 896 950 or email email@example.com
Please check out some great resources from the Resilience Project in the pages below! Don't forget to start collecting "Earn and Learn" stickers from Woolworths which will assist in the purchase of new resources for our varied learning programs.
Enjoy the remainder of the week.
Janene and Kristie.