Congratulations to everyone on what has been a very full first term! It seems hard to believe that the new Preps only started school nine weeks ago, as they really have settled so quickly into school life.
As Term 1 comes to an end we would like to thank everyone: parents, teachers and students, for a great start to 2018. We wish you all a very happy and safe holiday break and trust you will have a lovely Easter with your families. We look forward to seeing and hearing what you have been up to over the holidays when school resumes on Monday 16th April.
We will begin Term 2 with open classrooms from 8.45am to 9.30am, our first assembly will be held on Monday 23rd April.
Thank you to PA for today’s Hot Cross Bun Morning Tea, the Easter egg for each child and the amazing raffle with over 65 prizes. The draw of the raffle will occur at assembly today starting at 1.45.
A Few Reminders
- Supervision - Teachers are not on duty in the school yard until 8.45 am. Students who arrive earlier are not supervised unless they are in Before School Care, which operates from 7 am in the Bower Building. Classrooms will generally open just prior to 9.00 am as staff have meetings or do final preparations for the day. Please ensure that your children arrive at school at an appropriate time in the morning.
- Lost Property was sorted today and all named items were returned to classrooms, however there are still many unnamed articles in the lost property bin, which is located in the gym. If you are missing clothing, lunch boxes, hats, umbrellas etc. please check the bin. Left over clothing will be washed and put into our second-hand store. Over the holidays please check and ensure that all of your child’s uniform items are clearly labelled with their name.
- In accordance with our Sun Smart Policy, hats must continue to be worn until 30 April.
- For parents who have signed up to be a Reading Coach Training will start in Week 2 of Term 2. Participants will receive a notice with details at the start of term.
- A good deal of works have been scheduled for the forthcoming holiday, including: painting the entry foyer of the Admin building, installation of Sound field Systems in the classrooms of 1B and 2D, replacement of the cricket wicket in the net closest to the driveway, annual maintenance service of the oval, tree removal and trimming and some other minor repairs.
- We encourage and welcome appropriate use of the school grounds and external facilities by our local community during weekends and school holidays. If you are in or near the school and notice any inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or graffiti please call the Police on 000.
Annual Reporting Meeting of School Council
On Monday night this week annual reports were presented to School Council covering a range of aspects from student achievement through to buildings and grounds. The meeting was well attended by school councillors both current and incoming.
At the conclusion of the meeting the retiring Councillors were fare welled and the 2018/19 Councillors stepped into their new roles.