First of all, we would like to welcome our newest educator- Jackie Jardine. Jackie has experience in art therapy with children both in Austin Hospital and in India. It is an honour to have Jackie in our Team. Please pop in for few minutes to say hi to Jackie.
We are very excited to announce that we have been working on the Reconciliation Action Plan in collaboration with our school BNWPS and our neighbours Brunswick Montessori Children House. It is a learning journey for all of us and we cannot wait to complete our RAP. If anyone would like to be part of the RAP working group or simply contributing with some ideas or knowledge we would be thrilled to hear from you. If you wish to find out more please shoot an email to Bernadetta at firstname.lastname@example.org
Science Club: Camera obscure
Children love Thursdays with Brianna’s science projects. Last week, students observed the behaviour of a reflected light Ray. Children hovered around the white board while Edo drew a light ray on the board. Then we investigated what happens to our sight when that ray is reflected. So, students created camera obscure that made their vision of outside areas become reversed.
Cooking Club: Pizza Margherita with Manuela
Did you know that pizza Margherita was created by Raffaele Esposito in 1889 in honor of Queen of Italy, Margherita of Savoy? And that the toppings colours represents the Italian Flag? - tomato (red), mozzarella (white) and basil (green). Well, students learnt a bit of Italian History as well as how to make the pizza dough from scratch! In Before School Care, students made the dough and watched how it raised. In the After School Care, students had fun to make the pizza base and adding toppings. Len created an Australia pizza shape and Javier decided to make Africa. Guess what the best part was after baking????
Planks Constructions: Towers and bridgesHave you ever heard about our planks and what the students can create with them? Here are some examples of great design work and strong team work.
- Payments due by the end of Term 2: A reminder that all outstanding fees are due by Wednesday the 26th of June. In the next statement, all families will be charged until the end of the term, so payments can be arranged in time.
Please note: if there are outstanding fees no bookings will be confirmed in term 3.
Any booking changes, such as emergency bookings, casual bookings or cancellation will be adjusted at the end of term. This means if you are in credit you this will carry forward in term 3.
2. Direct Debit: A reminder that you are going to switch our payment method do either Direct Debit or Credit Card from term 3. Forms are emailed out. You can write digitally on the PDF and email back or simply complete a hard copy form. Spare blank forms are also available at the program.
All families must complete a Direct Debit form no matter how casually children attend the program. If you have any questions please let Bernadetta know.
3. Solstice Celebration: will be next week, on the 20th of June. There will be lots of outdoor education activities, such as firepit and storytelling. We are still going to have marshmallow and, now, hot chocolate – just to keep us a bit warm!
Families and friends are welcome to attend the event!
- Unidentified Payments: we still have no idea how to trace some of the unidentified payments. Shall we just assume that they are donations to OSHC program??? We wouldn’t mind that! J
Please check your statement and make sure that your payments have been receipted. If not, let Bernadetta Know ASAP.
2. Casual Booking: We have a few families that are making casual bookings in the wrong roll. It is really important that you select the right role for the After School Care. Misplacing the children in the wrong roll will cause lots of confusion for children and educators. Unfortunately, this process cannot be automatic at this stage – so parents and guardians need to be more careful when they make their casual bookings. Thanks for understanding.
3. Sick Children or away: If your child is sick or away for holidays during school terms, please make sure to cancel your booking through MFL/Calendar. Unfortunately, Sentral doesn’t talk to MFL!